[Wolves] problems booting up and shutting down

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 12:30:23 UTC 2014

Hi Mo :)  I haven't looked at the log file simply because I would
probably know less than you :)  However, I have a little suggestion.
Could you perhaps try a live distro (on USB stick perhaps) that is not
based on Debian?  Fedora maybe?  It might show if the problem could be
a kernel module that is in Fedora but not included in Debian.

Just a thought :)

Merry Christmas everybody :)

On 24 December 2014 at 11:38, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello folk, sorry I have not deserted you, I'm still here!
>
> I need some help if possible. I bought my wife a tablet PC Asus X553M. It
> came with windows on it. She hated
> the windows os and asked me to install Linux on it. My first choice for her
> was Linux MInt. I installed it but had trouble shutting down and booting up.
> So I wiped it off and replaced it with Ubuntu 14.04. Everything seems OK
> except the booting up and shutting down. It sometimes freezes on booting up,
> and always doesn't shut down fully, I have to hold the power button on until
> it shuts down. I also started getting a message saying there is "system
> programme error" but I couldn't find what it is, so I switched the
> notification off for now.
>
> I have copied the system log file and attached here. Would anyone be able to
> look at it and / or tell me what the problems might be?
>
> I have spent a couple of days searching the internet for a solution, many
> included tweaking the Grub file; I tried them but none worked :(
>
> I think it is a hardware issue but not sure what cause everything is working
> as it should!
>
> Thank you for any help or suggestion or solutions
>
> Have a lovely Christmas

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire