[Wolves] Upgrade of ubuntu broke my display driver

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 13:10:42 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 14:37, Parminder Chauhan wrote:
> I upgraded my ubuntu to 13.10 and broke my display driver. I can't fix it.
>
> My graphic is Radeon HD 4060 which is not supported by fglrx new amd driver.
>
> in 13.04 I used  ppa:makson96/fglrx which worked. Now makson don't build
> package for 13.10 and suggest to use default driver. I tried to remove
> legacy driver but didn't work.
>
> I tried to install
> as http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2181190&p=12823425#post12823425.
>
> Now I can't get my system working. while removing legacy driver, it left
> me settings and stops opensource driver to load ( I Think)
>
> Any Help?
>
> If I need, which graphic card is good for UBUNTU 13.10+. I need HDMI out.
>

> Regards
> Parminder Singh Chauhan

http://askubuntu.com/questions/203232/radeon-hd-2000-3000-4000-on-12-10-quantal-fglrx-legacy-12-6-unsupported-wh

This is the only info I managed to find for your issue.  It looks like
fglrx-legacy isn't supporting newer xorgs sorry.  The two main options
seem to be downgrade to 12.04 or grab the binary fresh from amd and
attempt building it yourself.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)