[Wolves] using a android tablet too control xmbc media centre

Richard Barker richard.barker at quietwatercourse.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 22:20:55 UTC 2014

On 09/01/14 19:23, Mark Croft wrote:
> i have set up a laptop with linux mint with xmbc media centre/player ,
> i want now to be able to control it with android tesco tablet , is
> that possible?
>
> my first thought was to use google remote desktop but i wonder if
> there a better easy solution then that? so the user can choice what
> programme to watch via netflix and other streaming services.
>
> thanks for your help please ask for anymore info..
>
> mark

Hi Mark,

I have been playing with XMBC on a Raspberry Pi and have got a Tesco
Hudl working as my remote. You can download the official XBMC remote
control app from the Google Play store. It works over your LAN, but
you'll need to manually configure the Android app with the IP address of
your XMBC machine as there's no auto-scan.

Cheers,

Richard.