[Wolves] Ubuntu Request

Andy D'Arcy Jewell andy at wild-flower.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 18:46:35 UTC 2014

On 02/07/14 19:30, jamesdalley33 at gmail.com wrote:
> To all,
> I've had a bit of a pc problem (brothers took the wrong one to london
> with him) ,so im left with a decent dual core dell and an obsolete
> laptop(sure i'll find something for laptop todo without gui). The
> problem is theres that much crap on the windows dell that i dont think
> i'll live long enough for it to boot let alone anything else.
> So my question is, is there anyone that could help me attain a copy of
> the latest Ubuntu as shipit has been gone for some years. I will cover
> all costs and something extra for your time if you wish.
> Email me off list if you want my address or i can try to arrange to
> collect it if possible.

Although I wouldn't personally recommend Ubuntu (I'd leave that to Dave
Morley) I can probably help you out of your windows hell. If your Dell
is from the last 5-6 years, it will probably boot ok off a usb memory
stick, which I can lend you. Other than that, I might have a writable
CD/DVD lying round somewhere... but if we rely on the post it's gonna
take a few days.

I'm not in Wolverhampton, I'm in Newport (near Telford), but it depends
where you are...

-Andy