[Wolves] Xorg Config help, please?

Simon Burke simonb at fatsportsman.eu
Fri Jun 6 15:07:56 UTC 2014

So my work machine has Debian Jessie installed.

Im trying to get X to play nicely. My set up is two graphics cards (well
one and the onboard) and three identical monitors.

The first is an Nvidia with two monitors connected via DVI. The other is a
cr*ppy onboard intel thing with the third monitor.

I have it working fine with Xinerama, but of this then causes issues with
Gnome due to randr not playing nice with Xinerama. I.e. it complains that
'Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0"'.

So can someone give me some guidance as to how I can achieve the same thing
without xinerama? if its possible?

My Xorg.conf I chucked on pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/b3dVckRF

Its also worth mentioning that X does not even start if I switch from the
nvidia driver to  nouveau. I will have to go and do that again to be able
to tell you what the error message was though. Looking at my Xorg.log files
I think it may have been "Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible
NVIDIA X driver not found)".

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.
Simon.