[Wolves] Updating Tom Tom maps?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:24:58 UTC 2014

I had a look through some of those forum posts that came up with the Google
search.  Interestingly, and somewhat annoyingly,  it would appear that the
Tom Tom itself runs from a version of Linux!  The claim is that it would be
to difficult to write a version of 'Tom Tom Home' (their updating software)
for every type of Linux.  I find that somewhat odd.  Yet again, if they
would ask the open source community I am sure that somebody (plenty of
people) with the skillset would be willing to write at least some of the
relevant code.  There does seem to be a long running call for this from
Linux users who have Tom Tom devices.