[Wolves] Roku & Zotac

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Sat May 10 16:53:51 UTC 2014

I seem to remember someone saying that they had a Roku box. I've looked
at its description & was not able to figure out if it is what I want. I
want to be able to connect through my router to the web in order to
stream video (e.g. from 4od & ITV's iPlayer) to my Sony TV. The TV can
connect to my router with a fixed ip NAT address. I also want to be able
to play a video file on my TV, the file being stored on my laptop.

Is the Roku box suitable for the above? ebuyer.com is selling the
Roku2XS box for £50. Alternatively, they are selling the Zotac Media
Streamer for £35, though there's only one review of it & it's hammered.

--
Regards,
John