[Wolves] Roku & Zotac

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 14:49:30 UTC 2014

On 11 May 2014 08:16, John Rose <john.aaron.rose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Kevan for the info. If I didn't want to use Plex server on my PC,
> could I run another dlna server on my PC (e.g. minidlna or Universal Media
> Server)?
>
> Regards,
> John

I honestly do not know, John :(  With ROKU you are locked into what
they either allow as a 'public' channel or what somebody else has
created as a 'private' channel.  Public channels are ones such as 4oD,
BBCiPlayer, Jupiter Broadcasting (Linux stuff) and others.  They are
officially embraced and supported channels.  Private ones are not
advertised as such by ROKU so you have to search for them.  Thankfully
there are sites that have pretty decent listings.  If you find one you
like it's then a case of entering a code in your PC which is then
transmitted to the ROKU box and the channel is then added.  I know
that they do have 'Dreamcast' in the official channels.  I've not
tried it though as Plex does what I want.

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire