[Wolves] Roku & Zotac

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:13:15 UTC 2014

My eyes have been well and truly opened as to the possibilities :)  It
may sound odd but I had not heard about DNLA until very recently and
even then I hadn't got a clue what it was.  Until I read up on it
properly last night.  I found a rather amusing post on a forum stating
that DNLA was now extinct.  This was back in 2012 that it was written.
 Somehow I don't think it is quite extinct now :)

Anyway, I've looked a bit more closely at openELEC.  It may just be
what I am looking for.  I did find a 'pet' file that will install
MiniDNLA onto Puppy but I'll try the openELEC first as it is a
dedicated media server distro.  The one annoyance is that there is not
a CD iso for installation.  This PC I want to use will not boot from a
USB stick/drive so it's a case of try the Plop boot manager.  I cannot
get on with Smart Boot Manager, never have so I hope this works..

I may well still get a Raspberry Pi at some future point but it will
be solely as a media server as I have zero interest in programming
with it or any of the other stuff.

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire