[Wolves] PHP, Website etc work offered

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed May 21 13:19:52 UTC 2014

On 21 May 2014 14:06, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> On 21/05/14 13:54, Wayne Morris wrote:
> >
> > Please email me with hourly rates or for a chat on wayne at machx.co.uk
>
> That's exactly what we need! Sparkes put me on to a mate of his but he
> seems to want to do us a new logo. Dump the wordpress site and use Umbraco
> which I know nothing about. and we're looking at about £1,200.00 to start
> off with.
>

> You asked for a graphic designer type so that's why he wants to redo the
logo's :)  To be fair his logo work is top notch.

I wouldn't go with Umbraco though.  It's riddled with more security holes
than almost anything and compared to Wordpress it's a pain to update
without breaking the look (at least in my experience).  If the guy I put
you on to is sharing the work with his mate then that's where Umbraco has
come from that's what they did for my employers before I had to rip it out
during pen testing.

As for Wayne's work I'd suggest putting a budget together and punting it
out as a priced job rather than hourly.  I'd always rather work on a per
job pricing for one ordinary folk don't seem to understand it's possible to
work 20 hours in a day one week and fail to work 20 hours at all the next
week and always query my time sheets :)

sparkes