[Wolves] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Roku 2 XS & minidlna & Universal Media Server

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:43:58 UTC 2014

Kevan,

I've added the PLEX channel to my Roku box. I have port 32400 open. I've
set port 32400 in the Plex webpages to be used by the server. I started
(on my laptop) Plex Server OK using "sudo service plexmediaserver
start". ||||In Plex channel, I've selected 'Discover Servers' but it
finds nothing, even when I turn my firewall off. I saw something (in the
Plex webpages) about Port Forwarding (presumably 32,400). Do I have to
do that? If so, it means that I'll only be able to use 1 PC for playing
videos from. I've tried to start the Plex Web App using (in Firefox)
"http://192.168.101.13:32400/web" (192.168.101.13 is the fixed ip
address of my Ubuntu Trusty laptop) in my network but that says "unable
to connect".

Running the Roku Media Player Channel does not even find the Plex media
server.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
John