[Wolves] Open source internships/placements

Mike Hingley computa_mike at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:59:01 UTC 2014

Hi Stan -
I'll say from the outset  - the company I work for is not an open source company, but I was wondering what factors would influence your choice of placement.
Is open-source important to you, or would a Free Software company be of equal interest?  - The company I work for is a proprietary company using technologies such as Java, C#, SQL Server - Would technology platforms be a factor for you?What sort of placement would you be looking for - what are students looking to get out of their placement?
I never did a placement as part of my degree, as I was a part timer, but the company I work for do offer a student placement programme, and I'd be interested in finding out what would make that more interesting and compelling.

Thanks
Mike Hingley