[Wolves] ansible issue

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 19:06:30 UTC 2015

My thoughts :

a. I think you can run ansible with -v or -vvv to give you an idea of
what it's problem is.

b. What's your hosts file containing?

c. Why not use the 'apt' module -- ansible all -s -m apt -a state=latest

e.g.

walnut:~/src/ansible$ ansible -i ./hosts orange -s -m apt -a update=yes
orange | FAILED >> {
     "failed": true,
     "msg": "[sudo via ansible, key=qgndmwdbfnqiufaqhetbmnzoolsjmjcs]
password: Sorry, try again.\n[sudo via ansible,
key=qgndmwdbfnqiufaqhetbmnzoolsjmjcs] password: Sorry, try again.\n[sudo
via ansible, key=qgndmwdbfnqiufaqhetbmnzoolsjmjcs] password: Sorry, try
again.\nsudo: 3 incorrect password attempts\n",
     "parsed": false
}

(fails, as I don't have sudo on 'orange')

and

ansible -i ./hosts orange -u root -m apt -a "state=latest update_cache=yes"

orange | success >> {
     "changed": false
}

(connecting as 'root' .... )

http://docs.ansible.com/apt_module.html

(I admit I'm not being truly helpful ... but 'ansible -v' needs to be a
starting point, surely?)

thanks,

David

(Sorry for what's probably top posting and terrible email format.... )
> Peter Cannon <mailto:dick_turpin at archlinux.us>
> 23 June 2015 19:40
> Hi All
>
> Some of you may know I built a cluster from four Rasbian Raspberry
> Pi's. I have been managing them with ansible. I have a playbook and
> this command for example ansible all -s -m shell -a 'apt-get -y
> update' was working fine up until about a month ago. Now I get:
>
> peter at FrankenPi-01.local | FAILED => Missing become password
> peter at FrankenPi-02.local | FAILED => Missing become password
>
> However FrankenPi-03.local and 4 succeed.
>
> On all the pi's I am in sudo
>
> ssh passwordless login has been setup
>
> All four pi's are effectively cloned.
>
> I'm not convinced it's a bug otherwise all four would not execute. Any
> ideas?

David Goodwin
http://codepoets.co.uk