[Wolves] ansible issue

Chris Ellis chris at intrbiz.com
Tue Jun 23 19:14:08 UTC 2015

Hi Pete

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Some of you may know I built a cluster from four Rasbian Raspberry Pi's. I have been managing them with ansible. I have a playbook and this command for example ansible all -s -m shell -a 'apt-get -y update' was working fine up until about a month ago. Now I get:
>
> peter at FrankenPi-01.local | FAILED => Missing become password
> peter at FrankenPi-02.local | FAILED => Missing become password
>
> However FrankenPi-03.local and 4 succeed.
>
> On all the pi's I am in sudo
>
> ssh passwordless login has been setup
>
> All four pi's are effectively cloned.
>
> I'm not convinced it's a bug otherwise all four would not execute. Any ideas?

Sounds like a sudo password problem.

You can try running ansible with the -k and -K options (ask password
and ask sudo password).

I'd suggest that you avoid sudo and passwords, setup an SSH key and
allow root login
without-password in the SSHD config.  Automation + passwords just
equals pain with no gain.

Chris