[Wolves] LPI Certficiation

Simon Burke simonb at fatsportsman.eu
Mon May 18 14:15:18 UTC 2015

Afternoon everyone,

To not only try to stimulate some conversation, but because work wants me
to look into it.

What are peoples opinions on the LPI Certifications?

My understanding is that they are at the same level as the Comptia stuff
(i.e. you know how to turn stuff on and do the essential bits), and that
it's not really worth it. The other popular opinion I've came across is to
"just get a RHCE instead".  The latter of which is a little cost
prohibitive, especially if you are self funding yourself through the
courses, exams etc.
Looking at the content, I don’t think there is much in the Level 1 course
that isn’t going to be know by someone who's used Linux for a period of
time.

Plus I've never seen anywhere that has this as a requirement or even
acknowledge it's existence. So how it's seen in the real world is another
question itself.

Thanks,
Simon.