[Wolves] Panasonic CF-19 ToughBook

Iain Cuthbertson iain at cuth.eu
Wed Nov 18 12:07:50 UTC 2015

On 18/11/15 11:55, Adam Sweet wrote:
> I've been looking to move away from Ubuntu since Unity came around, but
> my attempts at using something else usually last no more than an hour
> before I have real work to do and I don't end up powering the other
> distro on again.

I always feel that disliking a desktop environment is a poor reason to
move away from a whole distro.

Maybe in the old days, changing distro was the simplest way of changing
desktop environment, instead of manually installing.

As you've pointed out, there are different distributions of Ubuntu with
different DEs installed by default.

One you missed from the list is Ubuntu Mate https://ubuntu-mate.org/

Canonical recognised Ubuntu distribution, that tracks the Ubuntu release
cycle, with the Mate DE as default.

Cheers,
Iain