[Wolves] CANCELED - LIST - Meeting at "The Royal Tiger" - Wednesfield

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Oct 29 09:03:30 UTC 2015

On 28/10/15 22:08, James R. Haigh wrote:
> Oh c'mon!!! I've been without Internet access all day until I got on the
> train, so I didn't see the cancellation notice. :-( Why's it been so
> quite lately?

Lately? It's been quiet for about three years!

>      Well it's nice that you said that it's cancelled in the subject
> line but, meh, trust me to still miss that. :-] My brother accidentally
> used 75% of my EE sharer contract (with rogue automatic updates over
> WiFi hotspot apparently), and the contract finishes a week on Saturday
> so I didn't want to renew it. I still use my old phone on Three PAYG as
> a spare, but I didn't realise that it had nearly run out, which it did
> yesterevening. So I bought a Three topup voucher this afternoon and
> activated it on the train, so… :-/ then I checked my emails. :-]

>      Btw., if anyone happens to know how to persuade BT Wholesale to
> serve FTTC to SY1 1XA, please let me know!!

Get a minimum of 300 *Businesses* (Not crappy home users) to sign up for
it and BT will enable it like a shot. Home users I believe the
requirement is about three times that amount. Monopoly's are wonderful
things.

<Waffle snipped>

>      Anyway, once I'm on the train the ticket's used so I'm here now
> (arrived at about 20:30) and I'm having dinner and a pint of cider.
>      There's not currently a reason why I won't make it to next
> fortnight's meeting, so hopefully see you there.

Get some mobile numbers for next time. :-)