[Wolves] ubuntu on windows

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Apr 1 13:55:37 UTC 2016

On 01/04/16 14:36, Stephen Parkes wrote:

> lol, that's not what's being claimed.  I don't think you understand the
> work that went on to build the various bits and pieces to make this work
> from both MS and Cannonical.
>
> It's not the tools that run on top of the new stuff that are important it's
> the new stuff and Cannonical employee's were part of that effort.

OK, I'm a reasonable man. So lets agree then that rather than portraying this as "Ubuntu running on Windows" it should be billed as "Ubuntu working in partnership with Windows." now that is closer to the truth but of course doesn't have the same kind of wow factor impact does it?

I'm not bothered that you glossed over "The tools that run on top" I suspect because it would have stuck in your throat to admit I had a point in terms of ownership. And I see we've totally dropped the Xamarin. I still find it mystifying that Microsoft needed any Linux/FOSS developer to get this working but hey, full marks to them for offering an opportunity.

I'm totally stunned that people are not wiping their Ubuntu installs in disgust but hey principles are cheap when it comes to being desperate to be number one. :-D

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net
https://twitter.com/dick_turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk
https://plus.google.com/100694334141523232451/posts
Podcast: http://tdtrs.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."