[Wolves] OTT: Battery for Acer Asire Ess1-311C4W6

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue Apr 5 19:39:57 UTC 2016

On 05/04/16 19:12, Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint wrote:
> anyone got advice where to go to get one? they a lot more expensive
> then other laptop battery i have got in the past why?
>
> the current one is dead and the battery logo comes up on the laptop
> and says something like critical battery and 0% charge.
>
> the current battery is AC14B18J (31CP5/57/80) which seems a bit
> cheaper but not 100% sure its the correct battery for this laptop?
>
> any advice is very welcome.
>
> anyone know where to go for second/refurb battery? there a few of
> theAC14B18J on ebay second hand and a lot cheaper then brand new ones.
> Would prefer to buy off a local person in the west mids.

I'll ask some of my suppliers in the morning. I suspect you can get a cheap alternative make. The thing you have to way up is price vs performance. A genuine part might be a bit more expensive but way well perform better.

Have you looked here? http://www.batteries-mall.co.uk/laptop-batteries-acer-laptop-battery-c-185_1.html?zenid=bcedb513aa02b0fec8bd532b01e9f2a9

Or here http://www.laptopbatterysdirect.co.uk/acer-2-c.asp