[Wolves] Ubuntu 16.04 LXC Unprivileged containers and limits

Simon Burke simon at samandsimon.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 15:38:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 at 09:40 David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, but with systemd things are slightly different.
>
> One of the reasons I dropped systemd on my LXC servers was to simplify
> what was going on with cgroup mounting.
>
> I think you need to find an/the LXC mailing list or similar.
>
> David.

I thought Id finally update on this. After coming back to this I have found
the issue. It was a cgroup problem.
Despite entering the required kernel opts in /etc/default/grub, I tried
manually editing my /boot/grub/grub.cfg file adding the options it suddenly
worked again.

I did go though the set-up/config here:
https://myles.sh/configuring-lxc-unprivileged-containers-in-debian-jessie/,
and slowly managed to work out what was happening.

Thanks,
Simon.