[Wolves] how to keep linux mint 13 alive a bit longer?

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 12:06:51 UTC 2016

Agreed Ron, It can be a total pain for support to have legacy systems hanging on in there.
Obviously if you are paying for it then yeah there's an argument that the man with the Gold makes the rules,however even MSoft et al regularly tell even their biggest customers to upgrade or else.
If there's a particular support issue then it may be best to run the OS in a VM or such!We never got an reason why they wanted to stay with the old version BTW??
JA

It is not unreasonable to only offer support for certain distribution
releases only.  Also, I would regard it as quite reasonable to refuse
support if they continue to experience problems when experience
indicates that performing the upgrade to a newer version will cure the
issue being experienced (the opposite is also true where somebody
decides to update to the latest and greatest against advice).