[Wolves] linux mint crashing randomly on compaq cq58

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:36:10 UTC 2016

hi

i have been to trying to catch my linux mint install with the Magic
SysRq key after it crashing to try to find out what going wrong but
does not seem to be working?

I am getting a flash caplocks light is that important? is it telling
me something?

I did have a 320gb hard drive in compaq machine but that was throwing
up smart errors. I just had a live dvd freeze not sure why cos get
into command line any anything had to hard reset holding power button
till it restarted

i will keep tabs on it now.

will follow these instructions
https://blog.shadypixel.com/monitoring-hard-drive-health-on-linux-with-smartmontools/