[Wolves] Microsoft SQL Announcement

Stephen Welch stephen at welchspace.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 10:07:35 UTC 2016

On 08/03/16 09:04, Simon Burke wrote:
> So it appears that Microsoft announced yesterday that they are developing a
> version of SQL server for Linux, based on SQL server 2016.
>
> <snip>
>
> Either way it should be interesting to look at when it becomes available.
As a employee of MS you were always in competition with your colleagues
- they literally had a point scoring system for individual employees and
then point scoring for teams, etc,etc

They dropped this in favour of a new science they discovered called the
art of collaboration and so far end result is Windows 10 and the Surface
Pro - pretty good (as Windows OS go) in my book.

You can install Linux on the 3 as well not sure about the 4 :-)

Stephen