[Wolves] OT: another attempt at getting android X86 os off the ground

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:18:54 UTC 2016

this looks interesting. I am not sure i fully understand google
licencing arrangements with android and the future of it is?
but this company has done a remix version as they call it
http://www.jide.com/en/remixos

interesting idea to give life to old 32bit intel/AMD? computers.

I am having so problems with the ISO file that it downloads , it seems
to use a custom piece of software to write the iso the usb pen but
that software is windows only i do not have  a copy of windows running
at the moment (it was on my monster machine but it got nuked as
windows does)

anyway when i finally get it running it will give my views on it.

Maybe this what will happen to linux in the future? wonder if there
enough protection to stop some one selling a version of linux that is
closed source , i vaguelly remember a talk about GMU licencing etc.

mark