[Wolves] ubuntu on windows

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 14:03:10 UTC 2016

> No it's not. It is not Ubuntu, that's a whopping fib. Ubuntu is NOT
> running on Windows. Ubuntu may very well have helped implement Bash but
> that is NOT Ubuntu. Also are you seriously trying to say that Microsoft
> does not have the skill set to implement Bash on it's own? Sheesh.

See also :

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2016/03/windows-10-update-ubuntu-linux-command-line-bash/

"Our understanding is that these are not recompiled or ported versions
of the programs (as are used in tools aiming to provide a Unix-like
environment on Windows such as Cygwin) but instead unmodified programs.

Microsoft is describing this in terms of providing a Linux-like
command-line environment at the moment, but from what we can gather,
there's little fundamental restriction to this, potentially opening the
door to running a wide range of Linux programs natively on Windows."

David.