[Wolves] OT: battery problems - Acer Aspire ES1-311-c4q6 with critical low battery message

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:44:48 UTC 2016

On 6 May 2016 07:15, "Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint via Wolves" <
wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> hi
>
> this laptop still being a pain. I got a battery off ebay and was
> promised it was a good one it was 100% charged but then i found out
> that my univerisal charger was not working with the laptop. So I got
> the owner to buy a new one ,they had lost the charger for it when they
> moved home.
> It a week for charger to come. When I went back to the laptop it came
> up with the critical low battery message again. I just thought it need
> 24 hour deep charge with new psu.
> That has not solved the problem with the new battery. I did boot the
> laptop up into ubuntu live usb pen and ran the battery test app and it
> all looked good i can't find the results from that test i thought i
> had emailed it myself but maybe i was still in the fog of
> nortriplyline (powerful pain killer but not as addictive as the stuff
> prince n jacko was taking like sweets)
>
> thanks for you.
>
> I really hope i can get out of this hole of debt.
>
> mark

Is the charger kicking out enough power to charge the machine. I've never
really liked aftermarket chargers. Whenever anyone I know has started using
them they've ended up with dead batteries very quickly. I can't honestly
say if there's any connection as I've never used one.

The other possibility is that the charge port is damaged on the machine, or
the charge circuit. Does it boot with no battery installed, I can't
remember if you told us this or not.

Cheers
Kris