[Wolves] OT: battery problems - Acer Aspire ES1-311-c4q6 with critical low battery message

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri May 6 08:45:46 UTC 2016

On 06/05/16 09:19, Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint wrote:
> it does not run without a battery installed. looking like it either
> the power supply or socket then.
> the amber light is flashing which means it getting power?

The 'light' serves two purposes:

Green and mean means Juice is getting through, and that's all.
Amber means the battery is saying "I'm fecking dying here sunshine!"

Amber can mean a number of things, it can mean your battery is stuffed, it needs charging or, in some cases, it's not charging.

We're still nowhere as you've not eliminated that Universal adapter from the equation, easy way is to find one of these crappy PC shops, ask them if they have that *CORRECT* power adapter (They'll smell a sale) run the laptop down there, see if it powers without the battery. If not you know it's the power port for sure. Now some brave souls out there will solder a new one on for you but we're too scared of burning a hole through your motherboard to get involved in that scary stuff. :-)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net
https://twitter.com/dick_turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk
https://plus.google.com/100694334141523232451/posts
Podcast: http://tdtrs.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."