[Wolves] trying to rescue external hard drive(my sister bf 3tb drive)

Mark Croft Redditch Linux Mint mark.croft.lug at gmail.com
Sun May 22 15:09:02 UTC 2016

i have plugged into sister bf laptop and it here now i will try the
watch command , my sister said she tried to format it on her linux
desktop and it got half threw and stopped no more information then
that. She decide to let the expert look it at now. There is no power
supply it all comes off the usb port.

I do not have a power hub to test it out with i would guess it have to
be usb 3 at least.

i am keeping the hard drive so i have more time now.

i will take over to my friend robert who is a wizard at this hardware
stuff on linux..

there more info on pastebin - http://pastebin.com/DEjck36H and new one
on fancy fast laptop - http://pastebin.com/bLHdYwr7 - this morning i
did not know i had the fancy laptop here or would have started there
first with a live usb stick (its running linux mint 17 32bit off a 2gb
usb pen the toshiba sat c50)