[Wolves] A LUG Project

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Thu Apr 27 08:16:51 UTC 2017

On 26/04/17 21:33, Ron Wellsted via Wolves wrote:
> At tonight's meeting we discussed the idea of a LUG project of building
> a super computer (well a small Beowulf cluster).
>
> This will be based on a number of 1U Pentium 4 servers that I have.
>
> Any suggestions/input anyone has will be welcome.

A little more detail:

1/ Why do it?
Because we can/for the fun of it/to learn how to do it.

2/ Suggestions as to which distribution to use:
The systems are older P4s which do not support 64bit mode, we will be
limited to distributions which support 32 bit x86.  Suggestions included
Arch, Debian and Fedora.

3/ What will we do with it?
Suggestions? (we could try cracking WEP/WPA/WPA2).

More details will follow once I have done a full inventory of the
hardware that is available.

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk