[Wolves] Raspberry Pi Jam - mac Birmingham

Stephen Welch bigfishinnet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:30:58 UTC 2017

Hi I recently took up a position in IT at mac Birmingham and have
become involved in helping to organise a Raspberry Pi Jam event at
mac.  When I say organise, I am leaning on a lot of experience from
some of the guys at FizzPOP Birmingham.

The idea behind this is that we can run something at mac that appeals
to a younger audience (stop laughing) and something which is maker /
digital /code club / etc,etc in content. mac does a lot of creative
courses but things like this have not really been on the list.

So we are intending to arrange a raspberry Pi Jam at mac Birmingham
(Midlands Arts Centre - Cannon Hill park).  The date that has been
penciled in is Saturday 29th July.

We are hoping to organise the Jam something along the lines of the
Derby Maker Faire (but I imagine on a smaller scale!) with a theme for
talks and just a general show what people are making, and share what
they are learning.  We might also try and drag some industry suppliers
along as well.

I will be sharing the response / reaction I get from the local lugs
with the people at mac organising this so we can turn this penciled
booking into a firm one and make it a good event.  Hopefully this will
lead to more events like this at mac - if you exclude the swan boats
on the lake the facilities are excellent!! ;-)

So this is really a sounding out email to see if some you people would
be interested in such an event and if you have any advice or contacts
that you could share even better.

Sorry for the cross posting.

Stephen