[Worcs] Lets get our Lug active again

will at thebickerstaffs.net will at thebickerstaffs.net
Fri Aug 6 16:08:59 UTC 2010

I've had a brief conversation with Stuart recently, both he and I are
keen to get some activity in our lug. I've had a scan through the
mailing list archives (back to 2005, everything before that looks like
spam) so here's a quick shout to all who were once subscribed to this
list and hopefully still are:

I've also had the guys over at lug.org.uk approve everyone's pending
subscription request. If everyone's still about then there are 15(+1 I
need to check on) of us in total and I'm sure we can probably drum up
a few more if we try. They've also given me mailing list admin so at
least that can start working again, but I'm happy to give that up if
someone else is prepared and motivated enough to take it on.

If anyone is still getting mail from this list, shout back and lets
see if we can get the Worcestershire LUG active.

I've tried contacting Frank, the old lugmaster but have had no
response, so unless anyone has any objections I'd like to take over
the lug (at least the web based side) and get us an active presence at
lug.org.uk. Its probably to early to start discussing meetings but
once we're breathing again, then lets think about it.

If you want to discuss with me, you'll find me as Thingymebob on
##worcslug on irc.freenode.net most evenings.

You can read a little of my background on my blog over at
http://innergeek.aircooled.info/?page_id=2