[Worcs] First draft - LUG Poster

Narrf stuart.parkington at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 06:58:22 UTC 2010

> I've spent a bit of time today drafting a promotional poster
> (http://lug.worcester-county.org/images/promo/lugposter.pdf) for the
> LUG. Let me know your thoughts, A lot of the text comes from the FSF
> website, I'd like if everyone gave their suggestions for alternative
> texts, layout improvements etc.

Quite impressive Will! I like the general tone, layout, idea and colours
used. My initial suggestion would be maybe to add Tux and Beastie
graphics which may grab peoples eye's quicker than text. I understand
too many graphics can make some things look a little cluttered etc. but
think a Tux especially might help grab peoples attention.

> Stuart has volunteered to help with getting the site at
> http://lug.worcester-county.org up (lug.org.uk web services are pretty
> limited). Until that's ready we don't really want any posters flying
> around directing people to a site that isn't fully functional.

For info, I'm away for an extended weekend from today, so won't get a
chance to look at anything until next week at the earliest.

Narrf (Stuart)