[Wylug-announce] Next Meeting: Linux - Is it ready for work? (Monday 14 July 2008)

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 22:40:19 BST 2008

Our next meeting will be on Monday 14 July 2008 in Leeds University's
Stoner Building.
The meeting room is sign-posted from the main EC Stoner Building entrance
(level 7, the side facing the Parkinson Tower).
The meeting officially starts at 7.00 pm, but the room will be open for
coffee, tea, biscuits and chat from 6.30pm.

Talk: Linux - Is it ready for work? by Mike Goodman

Linux has moved forward in great leaps over the last two or three
years regarding user friendliness. Installation is easy and the range
of applications designed to enhance business processes has grown
rapidly in quantity and quality.
Mike will introduce how Linux is being used in micro businesses
currently, which applications are most popular in his experience, and
lead a discussion on how we can go on to encourage further use in this

Active Learning Lab., (Level 9, near staircase 2)
E.C. Stoner Building (aka Physics/Admin)
University of Leeds
Woodhouse Lane
Leeds UK

Getting to Leeds and Leeds University

Campus Map showing entrances and car parks

Location of E. C. Stoner Building on Campus

We usually go to the Victoria Hotel pub afterwards for chatter
and drinks.

Victoria Hotel
Great George St, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 3BB
Tel: 0113 245 1386