[Wylug-discuss] mutt query

Barrie Stott G.B.Stott at bolton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 20:41:12 GMT 2004

I have a problem with characters which have the top bit set when
viewing them in mutt with the default pager. For example, the pound
sterling symbol appears as \243. However, if I use `less' as mutt's
external pager, the character is shown correctly.

Is the mutt default pager deficient or is there some setting which
is needed in ~/.muttrc? I'd be grateful for help; mutt's own
documentation offered nothing that seemed useful.

I have a debian system and am using mutt-1.3.28-2 which came with the
woody distribution.

Barrie.