[Wylug-discuss] Future meetings.........

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 12:10:53 BST 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:21:59AM +0100, Jim Jackson wrote:
> Unfortunately I have no talks for July 11th, and as I'm away for 2 weeks,
> I suggest any potential speakers volunteer by email to wylug-discuss
> and thrash it out by email if there are too many of you (yeah - likely :-)
<snip>
> I've also only got one talk for this year after august.
>
> So I need people to please put thinking caps on, either
>
>  - volunter to do a talk of any length - a demo or intro or something
>
>  - get in touch with people you know who may do a talk
>
>  - think about alternatives to talks for the meetings.

Hi,

I have several talks currently in development.  I expect most to be
ready before the July meeting date. Let me know if any of them would be
of interest.

  1. Web Standards Elephant Traps - Web Designers' and Developers' most
     painful common mistakes ... and how to avoid them.

  2. Search Engine Optimisation - Tools, tricks and tips for open source
     advocates

  3. Ubuntu Linux - Why End-Users, The Debian Project and the FLOSS
     community really need it.

  4. Building a Linux media centre the easy way with MythTV and ivtv.

Dave