[Wylug-discuss] a webdesign query / mini rant

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Fri Jan 13 19:51:18 GMT 2006

On 13 Jan 06, Smylers (Smylers at stripey.com) wrote:
>   *IE Users*  This site was designed in accordance with web standards,
>   which are poorly supported in IE.  As such this site doesn't look
>   great when viewed using that browser.  To see it in its full glory we
>   recommend using a standards-compiant browser, such as _Firefox_,
>   _Opera_, or _Safari_.
>
> (and make the browser names be links).  In particular by having a list
> of several plausible browsers you are emphasizing that the problem here
> is with IE, and not inadvertently giving the impression that your site
> has been designed to work only in Firefox.

Yup, good way of doing it, combined with the if(IE) code I sent earlier today
(or later seeing as we've got random delays) :)

--
Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu http://patter.mine.nu/ GPG: E3E8E974
Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li MSN: stephenpatterson893 at hotmail.com
GMail invites to anyone who wants one
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."