[Wylug-discuss] Greeting to the geeks in Leeds

Tommy He lovenemesis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:24:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am going to move in Leeds next week from China as a MSc PG student in
University of Leeds. I am quite willing to involve the activities to discuss
and promote Linux and open source.

I just checked the blog and found out that I missed the meeting this month.
It seems that there is a kind of formal meeting every time. If it is
appropriate for me to join in, please let me know.

Before the departure, I have a few question about the IPTV offered in
university accommodation. Obviously there is no Linux client from Freewire
which could run on my Fedora box. A bit googleing return the following page
which suggests that the VLC could be used as an alternative client for the
programmes. Has someone tried these methods in Leeds?

http://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/bucstech/Freewire+TV+and+Radio+using+VLC

Cheers,

Tommy He

--