[Wylug-discuss] It never rains, but it pours...

james riley jimr1603 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:22:50 UTC 2012

The trisquel laptop has fallen over. Out of the blue it didn't want to
open any programs. I already had a shell open, and it didn't recognise
the existence of sudo or ls. I went for a hard shutdown.

After a lot of buggering about, I can get it back up, but without the
encrypted /home drive. My google-fu is failing me.
* How does one mount an encrypted drive?
* How does one check if an encrypted drive is not mounting because it is broken?
* If it is broken in a small way (see Q2) then is the data recoverable?
* Are we still in the early days of 1001 encrypted drive protocols,
leading to massive confusion when I try google-fu? In which case, how
is trisquel doing it?

Also, FSF membership is well worth it for the membership card. I can
get bits done now trying to fix it through the live-usb-disk that is
my membership card.

James R