[Wylug-discuss] Exciting new role! Senior Linux Sys Admin

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Sun May 18 16:59:54 UTC 2014

Ah - my mistake as I allowed it through.

It had hit all our list addresses which I was going to take up with
them, and there were two messages in the set - the second looked on
first glance as though it was a forward of the first but was a slightly
mangled text/html combo that looked slightly list appropriate.  The
first was html and so really hard to read in the moderation interface...
made the mistake of presuming the first was the original and so allowed
through.

	Nigel.

John Leach wrote:
> On 16/05/14 11:00, Matthew Scupham wrote:
>> We were wondering if you would be able to recommend a friend or
>> colleague for the role below?
>

> this idiot's company claim that spamming mailing lists isn't something
> they generally deem appropriate:
>
> https://twitter.com/consortia/status/467999654517682176
>
> I've forwarded the email to them as requested, noting that sending such
> unsolicited commercial email to personal email addresses is a breach of
> the UK's Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and is liable
> to a fine up to £5,000.
>
> Also pointed out that this has no-doubt reached many tens of thousands
> of personal email addresses.
>
> Having had past experience of recruitment companies though, I don't
> expect much more from them of course.
>
> John.

[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]