[Wylug-discuss] Exciting new role! Senior Linux Sys Admin

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Mon May 19 08:55:42 UTC 2014

A sort of result.  Feather duster treatment.

I doubt the ISP will take any action.  Probably doesn't have an AUP.

Andrew

From: Nathan Connolly <Nathan at consortia.co.uk>
To: Andrew J Cole <A.J.Cole at ajcole.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:35:14 +0100
Subject: RE: Mass spamming from [62.244.177.199]

Andrew,

I was first made aware of this via Twitter on Sunday and this morning have =
had a meeting with the consultant in question and their line manager the he=
ad of our permanent recruitment team.

We have taken this matter extremely seriously and I wanted to get in touch =
and outline what we have done since receiving your mail on Sunday afternoon=
.

Firstly we will be putting in place a new training document and updated pol=
icies with regards to spam and specifically email marketing via mailing lis=
ts. The lug.org.uk address has been blocked with the exception of the jobs =
category to ensure that this mistake cannot be made absent minded. Finally =
we will be holding a group wide training session today to explain to all co=
nsultants the right way to conduct email marketing.

Thankfully many of the groups administrators contacted the consultant rejec=
ting the mail and suggesting where it would be better sent however as you s=
uggest many thousands of people who it was not relevant to have received it=
.

The consultant in question has been reprimanded and been left in no uncerta=
in terms as to our thoughts on the actions but I can say that it certainly =
seems more of a mistake than malicious intent.

Once again please accept my apologies for time wasted.

Kind regards, Nathan