[Wylug-help] Wanted - good homes for surplus continuous listing paper

NikJewellL.N.Jewell@leeds.ac.uk NikJewellL.N.Jewell at leeds.ac.uk
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:04:25 +0100

Most of you will no doubt be aware of this, but for any who are not, if you've
got an old dot matrix lying around and are concerned about your server or other
continuously connected PC beng cracked, and your log file entries being
altered to cover tracks, one security measure is to copy all relevant log files
to it on a continuous basis.  Not much the script kiddie can do about that (bar
cracking the syslog daemon I guess).

A possible use of Martin's paper for someone??

Best

Nik