[Wylug-help] Epson Stylus C82

Martyn Ranyard martyn at syn.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 19:27:19 BST 2003

Quoting Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm thinking of getting my better half a new printer - Epson Stylus C82.
>
> Anyone got any comments about this printer - specifically when connected to
> RH7.3 box

Well, not exactly that one, but at our office we have a retrofitted (for
CD-printing) C62, and APSFilter worked fine for it.  Ours does have some
problems feeding (second page trimmed at top, sometimes thinks it's out of
paper, but not sure if these probs are due to the retrofit, the model or the
family.  We use it on the USB connetion, but ours definately has both
interfaces, USB worked, so I didn't have to venture too far to find a cable.

Also some later Epsons have microchipped cartridges to force you to buy Epson
ink, so check the model (I think they call it Intelligink or some other poor pun
on smart!).  You can get clone cartridges but these are not refillable (even at
places like cartridge world.

--
Martyn Ranyard
Development Manager