[Wylug-help] openvpn -> shorewall problem

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 12:14:50 BST 2004

Gary,

I'm not familiar with OpenVPN - does it use PPP over a tunnel to provide
the VPN? If so what are your PPP settings?

If your home machine is provided with an IP address on your work lan, the
VPN server must proxy arp for that IP address, otherwise, things on the
network won't know where to send their reply packets.

Jim