[Wylug-help] Another fine mess!

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 11:13:16 GMT 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Timothy Baldwin wrote:

> --
> On Tuesday 07 Dec 2004 20:01, David Noble wrote:
>> --
>> It's that old newbie again,
>>
>>        I am trying to make use of a PIII with a crippled motherboard, the
>> keyboard controller (PS2) is defunct, so I got a usb keyboard which Windoze
>> recognized and loaded a driver for it.  So that works OK (except in MSDOS
>> mode)
>
> Try enabling USB Legacy in the BIOS settings, for the purpose of altering
> BIOS settings the keyboard should work.

Unless of course there isn't the option in the BIOS.  I'd be fairly surprised
though (look for a BIOS update if you don't have an option of using a USB
keyboard in the BIOS).

Why not just bang lilo/grub onto a floppy that boots into windows?

jh

--
"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."     -- Plato