[Wylug-help] Linux equvilance to 'off line folders'?

lists at mungewell.org lists at mungewell.org
Mon Mar 22 15:45:39 GMT 2004

Hi all,
having managed to locate a cheap laptop for my wife I am having to
rearrange how our system works. I want to maintain the 'server' as the
master repositary for our files, so we can basically use any machine we
have. However as I also want to be able to use/update files whilst not
network connected I need to implement some form of 'offline folders'.

I imagine that files might only be changed by a single person on a
single machine between synchronisations, so I wouldn't need the ability
to merge changes from different sources.

I remember someone mentioning, a while ago, that they were using CVS to
access their home directory.

Is this a good approach? and does anyone have any alternative
suggestions?

Simon.