[Wylug-help] Networked laser printer

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 12:10:26 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 11:03 am, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a decent CUPS friendly network laser printer for
> medium duty use (for use by about 10 staff in an education
> establishment). I've trawled www.linuxprinting.org and narrowed the
> field down to a few thousand printers :) A recommendation from
> someone with first hand knowledge would save me a lot of reading up!
>
> Thanks

We use Kyocera FS-1900Ns although now it's the FS-1920N that's
available.  We also have 2 of those and they seem fine.

We use the Kyocera FS-1900 Foomatic/lj5gray driver in CUPS no problem.

Must say I've never used the printer functions such as paper select, so
I can't say how good that is.
--
Gary Stainburn