[Wylug-help] Flash Sound

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 15:31:05 GMT 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am getting no sound output from Flash multimedia.  It worked fine
> (i.e.  annoyingly) a few weeks ago, the last time I opened a Flash site,
> but isn't working now.
>
> Unfortunately, I really need it now (for a 'webinar' ... yuk!) tomorrow.
>
> Every other aspect of sound on my system seems to be working, whether I
> use ALSA, ESD or OSS.
>
> Does anyone know about any 'special' flash sound issues?

Sadly not.  I'd be tempted  to try it as a different user to check that it's
not some local setting that's broken.  If it does work, I guesss ~/.macromedia
would be worth cleaning, and I don't know what else.

AFAIK flash uses OSS.

jh

--
"I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly
  reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the