[Wylug-help] firewall issues

Justin Ware justinware at onetel.com
Mon Mar 20 10:37:02 GMT 2006

Thanks to all for their input on my question. I've decided I'm not going
to worry about outgoing local traffic for all the reasons in the previous
e-mails.

I will refrain from installing applications that I don't trust, and scan
with anti-virus software regularly.

John Hodrien <johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk>
> necessarily safe).  I believe selinux can provide this sort of network
> access
> control, but I've not looked at it.

Having briefly flicked through a presentation on Security Enhanced linux
(http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/), it would appear to offer the kind of
security policy where applications can be restricted to using certain
ports. However, I'm just not prepared to go through the fuss of setting it
up.

Regards,

J.

--