[YLUG] Hello York LUG!

Joseph Price jep505 at york.ac.uk
Sat Oct 14 13:54:36 BST 2006

Hi there!

I'm a fresher at york uni.

Some of you may have heard of me from the official Ubuntu forums -
http://ubuntuforums.org
I'm Joseph "PriceChild" Price,

 * Member of the ubuntuforums.org staff team.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showgroups.php

 * Member of the USDF team: https://launchpad.net/people/udsf/

 * Ubuntero https://launchpad.net/people/pricechild

 * Member of the ubuntu-desktop-effects team
https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-desktop-effects

I'm very eager to be in attendance at the talk/install day, especially
in order to promote the HUGE community aspect of the OS.
ubuntuforums.org currently has about 180 THOUSAND members, and that's
just those registered!

I have added a few things to the wiki which i'll summarise here:

* I've got a very nice Edgy setup with Beryl installed from my howto
here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=263851 or here:
http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/BerylOnEdgy

* 9 Dapper Drake Shipit CDs

* 12 Ubuntu "Linux for Human Beings" stickers.

* 40 Blank CDs to burn Dapper Drake or Edgy.
  - I don't have any images atm, but could download them all in an hour
or so if needed off of the uni web.

I do prefer msn or ubuntuforums.org PMs to mailing lists, and can be
found as pricechild at gmail.com on Msn messenger.

I hops this gets through to you, never like mailing lists :)

Pricey