[YLUG] which college for tomorrow's talk?

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 15:35:11 GMT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 10:18:10PM +0000, Arthur Clune wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2007, at 14:15, Jonathan Evans wrote:
>
> > which college is the talk in tomorrow?
>
> Can I suggest that someone involved in the organisation posts to this
> list and the WLUG one the details of forthcoming talks.

I often post randomly in advance, when I remember to remind people.
It just so happens that I've been away from the internet for a week.

> Maybe a week
> in advance would work well? I'd not realised that the talk tomorrow
> is one that I'd wanted to go to - and since MediaWiki doesn't offer
> RSS (does it?) email is a good way to spread the news.

How about some kind of publicity team?  We're at the stage now where
the only thing really missing is getting the word out consistently.
We've been pretty good with publicising the annual installday, it'd
be great to build on that and get something consistent throughout the
year.  How about somebody to keep in touch with Linux Format, some
people to stay in touch with neighbouring LUGs, some people to direct
the on-paper publicity, some people to distribute it?  Not necessarily
disjoint groups of people, of course.  Volounteers?

--
 -- zoe